200 East 3rd St., 4th Floor
Jamestown, New York 14701
Phone: (716) 483-7545
The Department of Public Works is open weekdays
from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with lunch hours from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Road maintenance, Including:
- Paving operations
- Pothole repair
- Snow and ice removal
- Street cleaning
- Leaf pick-up
- Traffic signals, signs and traffic markings maintenance
- Design, management and construction supervision of all City projects. These projects include: street reconstruction, parks improvements, City owned facilities, and all other infrastructure projects.
- Administration and construction supervision of Street Right-of-way Work Permits, and administration of the City’s Sidewalk Rebate Program.
- Maintenance and updates of City maps and records.
- Maintenance of specification standards.
- Site plan review /approval.
- Engineering assistance to the general public.
- City-owned buildings and grounds maintenance.
- Fleet management.
In addition, the department provides other regulatory, planning and service functions.
- Employment Opportunity – Mechanic I
- Requests For Proposals (RFPs)
- Public Works Improvement Program
- Where We Are Working Today
- Street Closures
- Yard Waste/Recycling
- Street Maintenance Division
- Traffic Division
- Equipment Maintenance
- Street Brick Sale
- Street Map