Pride of Place
Pride of Space
(even parking garages!)
The City of Jamestown seeks an artist to design and install a mural
to the south stairwell of the Spring Street Parking Garage as
Spring Street Parking Garage Beautification Project | PHASE 1
The artist’s design will encompass:
✔ 1st story of the southern facing exterior wall
✔ western facing exterior wall
✔ 1st story of the eastern facing exterior wall
– and to the extent the artist deems viable:
✔ interior of stairwell
Two (2) informational site visits will be conducted on:
– Friday, April 29th @ 2:30pm
– Wednesday, May 4th @ 5:30pm
RSVP to site visits through contact form below ⬇
Installation will include at least two (2) community participation activities planned and prepared in coordination with the City of Jamestown.
Design considerations: While artist’s concept will serve as a stand-alone work, it will also co-exist with Lucy mural on eastern facing exterior.
This opportunity is open to artists at any stage of their career. Applications from WNY-based artists are greatly encouraged.
Paint generously provided by Sherwin-Williams
Artist’s Commission: (currently secured at) $5,000
- Applications will be accepted May 1-15 @ 4pm (2022). No late submissions will be considered.
- Application reviews will commence May 16th, 2022.
- The selected artist will be announced no later than May 31st, 2022.
- Project/Phase 1, inclusive of community participation activities, must be completed by December 31, 2022
Complete Contact Form below ⬇ to be notified promptly of project updates.
Questions can be directed to Ellen Shadle, Principal Planner | firstname.lastname@example.org, 716-483-7657
This program is made possible with funds from the Statewide Community Regrant program,
a regrant program of program of the New York State Council on the Arts
with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature
and administered by Arts Services, Inc