The City of Jamestown has announced its annual Streets Program today, with work starting Wednesday, May 27th. Due to anticipated reduction in New York State aid and budgetary challenges brought forth by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Public Works will be moving forward with a reduced streets program. The plan focuses on the greatest areas of need for the City, and works to improve the City’s aging streets. Several projects could be added to the list as the season progresses, depending on greater funding availability, as well as weather. Projects are planned to be completed by the end of the summer-fall season, depending on the weather, the flow of public funding, contractor availability and the changing price of materials.
A list of 2020 Street Projects is listed below:
Mill and Overlay – Approximate Start Date: July 15th
- North Main Street from 8th to Kingsbury St
- River Street
- Prather Ave from Foote to Arterial
- State Street from Hazeltine to Olson
- Delaware Ave from Baker St. to Summit St.
- Logan Ave near Veterans Park
- Arnold Street at Foote Ave
- Sprague Street from Steele St. to beginning of brick
- Willow Street from Buffalo St. to Marlow Rd.
- Carolina Street
- Sturges Street at Buffalo St.
- Towner Ave from Lakeview Ave to Arlington Ave
- Pleasantview Drive from Buffalo St. to Towner Ave
- Lincoln Street from Falconer St. to 8th St.
Novachip – Approximate Start Date: May 27th
- 6th Street from Winsor St. to Prendergast Ave
- Myrtle Street from Locust St. to Newland Ave
- Lake Street
- Shaw Ave from Oak St. to Elm St.
- Ensign Street
- Jeffords Street from 2nd to Falconer St.
- Laurie Lane
Slurry Seal– Approximate Start Date: June 22nd
- Church Street from 4th to 5th St.
- Lincoln St. from 5th to 6th St.
- 4th Street from Lafayette St. to Monroe St.
- Linden Ave from Forest Ave to Myrtle St.
- Myrtle Street from Linden Ave to Newland Ave
- Snell Place
- Todd Ave
- Fullerton Ave
- Hallock Street from 3rd to Fairmount Ave
- Raymond Street
- Westwood Drive from Olson Ave to Chautauqua Ave
- Norwood Ave
- Indiana Ave
- Norton Ave
- Chapel Street
- Everett Ave from Maple St. to Elm St.
- Allen Street from English St. to Maple St.
- Chandler Street from Allen St. to Barrows St.
- Thayer Street from Crescent St. to 2nd
- Bishop Street from Crescent St. to 2nd
- English Street from Pardee Ave to King St.
- King Street from English St. to Hebner St.
- 8th Street from Main St. to Lakeview Ave
- 7th Street from Grant St. to Winsor St.
- Lamont Street from Main St. to Federal Pl.
- Kimberly Drive
- Newland Ave-Linwood Ave-W. Virginia Ave intersection
- Niagara Ave from 2nd to Falconer St.
- Margaret Street from Niagara Ave to Gustavus Ave
- Ahrens Ave from Roland Rd. to Hebner St.
- Pullman Street Partial
- Camp Street from Arterial to May Street
- Springdale Ave from Martin Rd. to Elizabeth Ave.
Chip Seal – Approximate Start Date: June 8th
- W 1st Street
- Prospect Street from Newland Ave to Cole Ave
- Lilac Lane
- Jersey Ave
- Ames Ave from Camp St. to Midgley St.
- Elm Street from Everett Ave to Ahrens Ave
- Bemus Street
- Lind Alley from Bemus St. to Tower St.
- Hughes Street from E Virginia Ave to W Virginia Ave
- Elam Ave from Marion St. to Brad St.
- Chapin Street from Willard St. to Scioto St.
- Lindsay Ave from 2nd to Dead End
- Tiffany Ave from Allen St. to Buffalo St. (half)
- Seibert Street
- Rich Street
- Liberty Street 6th to 8th St.
- Butler Street
- Monroe Street from Isabella Ave to Dead End
- Marvin Parkway
- Hotchkiss Street from Marvin Parkway to 1st driveway
Miscellaneous Streets Projects – Approximate Start Date: Various
- Federal Place: Stormwater Retention
- Van Buren Street from Prendergast Ave to Lakeview Ave: Brick repairs, sidewalk and curb replacement
- Steele Street: Culvert relining
- North Main Street between 8th and Kingsbury St: Mill and Overlay
The additional street projects are as follow:
Mill and Overlay (Start Date: August 24th)
- South Main Street from the Arterial to the Main Street Bridge
- Delaware Avenue from Summit Ave. to Newland Ave.
- Prather Avenue from the Arterial to Main St.
- Crescent Street from 2nd St. to Bishop St.
Curb and Brick Improvements (Start Date: TBD)
Ellicott Avenue from Pullman St. To King St.
Curb Improvements (Start Date: TBD)
Andrews Avenue from Harding Ave to 3rd St.